Clubs and organizations
Join one of 200+ clubs and organizations on campus to explore your interests and meet people who share them.
Current clubs and organizations include:
- African Student Association
- Brazilian Student Club
- Chinese Students and Scholars Association
- Indian Students Association
- International Affairs Club
- Iranian Students Club
- Japanese Student Association
- Muslim Student Association
- Nepali Students’ Association
- Sabor De La Raza (Mexican Student Association)
- Saudi Student Club
Recreation and exercise options
The UI student body is an active one, with hundreds of outdoor and indoor recreational activities to choose from. You can join an intramural team, exercise at the Student Recreation Center or climb the 55-foot climbing wall at the Climbing Center.
Popular intramural sports and sports clubs
- Ultimate frisbee
Division I NCAA sports teams
- Basketball (M,W)
- Football (M)
- Golf (M,W)
- Soccer (W)
- Swimming and diving (W)
- Tennis (M,W)
- Track (indoor & outdoor) (M,W)
- Volleyball (W)
UI Outdoor Program
The University of Idaho was ranked as one of the “Top 25 Colleges” in the nation, according to Outside Online magazine, offering a combination of exceptional outdoor recreation activities, an active student culture and affordability.
The Outdoor Program provides the university community with education and resources for wilderness-based and outdoor recreational activities, such as hiking, mountain biking, climbing, skiing and snowboarding. Recent outings have included:
- Mountain biking in the Owyhee Mountains
- Outdoor rock climbing in Q’emlin Park
- River rafting on the Potlatch River
- Snowshoeing on Moscow Mountain
One of the "Best College Towns"
Moscow is a safe and friendly community and home to more than 24,000 residents. Moscow’s historic downtown features many dining, shopping and entertainment options all within an easy 10-minute walk from campus, as well as a renowned farmers’ market from May through October. There are also movie theaters, malls and numerous parks. Art galleries, specialty stores, coffee shops, Northwest-style pubs and locally owned Italian, Mexican and Chinese restaurants line the streets.