The GSSP orientation is the beginning of your journey at the University of Idaho - a new study environment, a new country and a new way of life. It all starts at orientation!
What Happens at Orientation?
- Tour the campus and classrooms
- Meet new friends before starting your studies
- Get your course schedule/timetable
- Purchase textbooks
- Receive your orientation schedule and welcome pack
- Receive student ID card and active your UI accounts
- Shopping trip
- English & math assessments
There will also be information sessions concerning visa status, dining services, campus accommodations, safety, health insurance, bank accounts, and mobile plans all designed to help you settle into your new environment.
What Do I Need to Bring?
- Form I-20
- Official school transcripts - original copies
- Financial documents - original copies
What Happens If I Do Not Attend Orientation?
Orientation is mandatory for all students. Students who arrive late will normally not be allowed to start the semester and will have to return home.